- Feature Filled Hosting Platform, from php, python, perl, git, django.... you name it.
- Good Control Panel, although tricky, after you get used to it, it has some great features.
- Good Hosting Specs, with plenty of space and bandwidth.
- Lots of Control, of your hosting with shell account and the ability to run your own software
- Good Fast Network, at least in their Amsterdan location that i used.
- Really Good Community, they showed a lot of ways to go around issues and some of the things you can do on the platform.
- Support isn't Knowledgeable, at least of their platform or lacks any real access, they are polite but i needed answers, not shrugs and reboots, especially when they say its a issue on my side and then point me to a "optimize your site" article as a solution for a plain Wordpress site that received 10 visits that day and was able to crash my entire account!!!!
- Monitoring the Server wasn't Proactive or Fast, every-time i had a issue even if the entire server was down it seemed like a surprise to support (and i don't go running for support, I normally wait 30min or more just encase its some reboot or small glitch), not too sure what they are monitoring :/
- Although told otherwise PHP is considered an App, so every time it runs it takes memory from your account (in my case between 30Mb and 60Mb, so i had 256Mb of RAM at the time = i can only run around 5 instances until their prevention tools shut me down), so if you have 1 site you are good and you can run multiple PHP processes, if you have 5 or 6 like me, or if you have a very popular forum or Wordpress site, you will get shutdown FAST (check Webfaction's "tools to prevent server high loads" and "cgroups" and "Cloudlinux")
- It doesn't use Standard Configurations, so you get some issues and incompatibles with some scripts, of these 4 its a issue you can fix easily by searching the forums.